Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August Review!

Hey guys! Today I want to start something new. Once a month I want to start writing reviews on 3 different products each month. I won't have a set day but I will post once a month. I love trying new products so now I'm going to start writing reviews. These reviews could be about anything. Hair tools/ products, makeup, fake nails, anything I decided to try. These will just be three products I tried that month so some will be positive reviews and some will be negative. If you have anything you would like me to try, leave me a comment and I would love try your guy's suggestions!


Product #1

  • Naked: 3 by Urban Decay
I first tried this product for my brothers wedding. I wore "Nooner" as the base and put "Liar" on over the bottom part of my eye lid. Now first off I'm going to address the brushes. I love the brushes! It comes with a double sided brush and it is the softest brush I have ever used! I love the way it feels when I put it on. Now moving on to the colors, they are gorgeous! You have so many possibilities with the pallet. You could do anything from a sweet innocent look to a little bit more of an edgier look with black heart, darkside, and mugshot. This is an amazing product and I love it! Now lets continue on to what I don't like about it. This product is really pretty expensive in my opinion, for eye shadow. It's about $55.00. As I have said in previous posts, I refuse to pay a lot of money for any products so to me this is wayyy too much! The only reason I tried it was because it was my moms so I borrowed it from her. While I do love this product, I'm not too sure its worth the money although I would possibly consider purchasing it if it where to be on sell because I did thoroughly enjoy this product.
My makeup with the colors "Nooner" and "Liar".
 




Product #2

  • Clearasil
You may have seen those commercials with the kid that breaks out and says they need something that works fast to which the other person responds with "Clearasil's fast". The commercial goes on to explain how fast Clearasil is. The bottle says "Rapid action, visibly clearer skin in as fast as 12 hours". Now I never expect something to work overnight but I was hopeful I'd see results in maybe a week, especially because they say that it works so "fast".  I tried the product and saw no results. I gave the product a chance and used the entire thing anyways. It made no difference in my acne at all. I got surgery on my jaw for my sleep apnea and I was told not to wash my face but only pat it down with water. After about 2 weeks I could use soap and water once the stitches were out. I had to give them another week to heal before moving on to any kind of facial wash. Because of all this I was breaking out like crazy! It was awful! My chin was covered with painful acne and along with the sides of my nose. I was hoping that the Clearasil that I had left would help but after a week I had no results. I still had pretty bad acne. Every ones face is different so I don't want to say it completely does not work, but for me it did not make a difference and I would not recommend it. The only thing I did like about it was the smell, (I smell everything lol!)but obviously that's not an incentive to buy it. It wasn't a bad price, I got it from Walmart for about $8-$10 but I would not purchase it again.

Product #3


  • Vitamin E Oil
So normally I wouldn't really review a product like this but I wanted to talk about this one. So going back to my surgery, I had stitches on both cheeks, leaving a small mark on both sides. These marks basically looked like blemishes left from a pimple. While I can cover it with makeup, I still wanted to get rid of them. For the first 2-3 weeks after I could only use Neosporin so I would not get infected but, after this time period was over I would wash my face, apply Neosporin, and wait a few minutes before applying a little bit of vitamin E oil. Literally overnight, I noticed a HUGE difference. It helps so much with scaring! I would definitely recommend trying this. I was surprised it did not brake me out because that was my biggest concern. I really liked this product and saw significant results! It;s not just for the face, but for any place that you are experiencing any scaring!  
I hope you guys enjoyed my first montly review! If you did be sure to leave a comment/ suggestion for next month! Suggestions and feedback are always welcome and appreciated! Thanks for reading!
Until next time, stay lovely!
-Montana Sky XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment